- Technical Specs
Dedicated to the essence of rangefinder photography
Leica Camera presents the Leica M (Typ 262), a camera which embodies the M rangefinder philosophy in its purest form. The Leica M focuses on the essential functions for photography and an intuitive handling concept. It is the most compact full-frame camera system with access to the best lenses in the world. The Leica M (Typ 262) is dedicated to the essence of digital M rangefinder photography. It is a streamlined experience, eschewing the contemporary features of video and Live View to focus on the tried and true methods of using a rangefinder camera. Now with a top plate made of aluminum, the Leica M (Typ 262) is lighter than its M and M-P (Typ 240) siblings by nearly 100 grams (3.5 ounces).
Benefits at a Glance
- Compact digital M camera concentrating solely on the traditional rangefinder focusing and picture taking methods
- Top plate made from durable aluminum, making it lighter
- Streamlined and simplified menu system, consisting of only 2 pages
- Dedicated button on the back of the camera for White Balance (WB)
- Quieter shutter mechanism for more discreet shooting
- 24 megapixel CMOS sensor (still-pictures only) ensures exceptional image quality (same as M/M-P (Typ 240)
- Leica Maestro processor for fast recording of captured images
- ISO values up to 6400 ensure great quality images in low light
- Fast and accurate manual focusing
- All the essential controls and functions logically and ergonomically placed
- LCD made of scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass
The images from the Leica M (Typ 262) are characterized by outstanding contrast, exceptional detail resolution and low image noise. It is ideal to shoot with available light.
The Leica M (Typ 262) features a shutter cocking system that is quieter than that of its sister models the M and M-P (Typ 240). In single exposure mode, the shutter release frequency is up to two frames per second. In continuous mode, the Leica M (Typ 262) has the same burst rate as its sister model and shoots up to three frames per second.
The low noise and compact size of the camera allows photographers to not only get close to the action, but to the heart of where it is all happening.